- Over 90 years of experience in providing customized design solutions
- Over 25 years of experience making automotive steering column bearings
- Robust ISO/TS 16949 Quality System
- Custom-designed materials, including steel and plastics, heat treatment, lubrication, and part geometry
- Durability testing to baseline design performance
- FEA analysis to accelerate and validate the development process
- Project management expertise
- Bearing design and manufacturing for vehicular steering column applications are particularly challenging due to the variety of functional specifications required for each application including tilt lock mechanisms and tilt and telescope actuators. Kilian bearings overcome many of these challenges with time-tested designs that provide excellent performance.
- Critical factors such as radial and axial stiffness, packaging requirements, durability, application misalignment requirements, TTR, internal clearances, and press fits are carefully examined in the design/development process and tested in the prototype stage.
- Proprietary lubrications, engineered plastics, custom race geometries, and electroplating are individually specified to satisfy each customer's unique performance requirements.
Click on image below to download pdf. To order hard copies of literature click here.